This is my chance to share some of the top tips I've favoured over my years in the health and fitness industry. Ones that do make a difference - as I'm not someone for futile new habits. Everything that works does so for a reason!
- Most people I've known and worked with who've always struggled losing fat (not weight) have been irregular eaters. Three times a day isn't often enough if you're looking to shift fat. So here goes:
- Eat 5 times a day! 3 meals and 2 snacks.
- In each meal or snack make sure you're mixing carbohydrate AND PROTEIN!
- Why protein? Because it releases energy slowly and therefore helps stabilise the blood sugar levels. Getting the blood sugar levels steady is KEY to health and fat loss.
- GET MORE ADVENTUROUS WITH YOUR PROTEINS: Too much meat protein is heavy going on the liver - widen your choices, think of vegetable proteins: Hummus, chickpea dishes, lentils, tofu, nuts, seeds, soya...
- How much? Not much, think of a snack being something that sits in the palm of one of your hands, say a pear and some almonds or a healthy cracker with a spoonful of hummus.
- You'll be amazed how eating like this keeps energy levels up throughout the day AND, BEST OF ALL, you won't go hungry!